Two GREAT locations in Citrus County!
Store Hours: Tue-Sat 9am-5pm
7800 W. Gulf to Lake Hwy.
Crystal River, FL 34429
3703 E. Gulf to Lake Hwy.
Inverness, FL 34453
Helpful Construction Information
We work Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:00 am until noon. Feel free to join us for an hour, 4 hours or any time in between, however you must be vetted prior to volunteering. Contact our Administrative Office at (352) 563-2744 to find out how you can volunteer. View our Weekly Construction Calendar to see our schedule and sites.
No Construction this week for volunteers or partner families, everyone is asked to report to the ReStores.
Helpful Information for Construction Volunteers
- We work on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until about noon.
- Please arrive early to park and sign in at the registration table.
- All construction volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
- Construction site workers, volunteers and visitors must wear closed-toe shoes.
- The Construction Site Supervisor will cover safety guidelines at the beginning of each work shift. It is crucial to be on time to receive this important training.
- Water, cool drinks and snacks are available at all times. A work break is at 9:30 a.m.
- Volunteers assist with tasks such as basic carpentry, painting, sanding, hanging drywall, installing siding or laying sod. Tasks vary as the house is completed.
WHAT TO BRING AND WEAR:
- Wear work clothes or clothing you do not mind getting dirty.
- Boots or other comfortable closed-toed shoes, like running shoes, are required.
- The sun can be intense. You may want to bring a hat and sunscreen. Water, cold drinks and snacks are provided on site.
- All tools and materials are provided. Volunteers do not need hammers or other tools, but you are welcome to bring your tool belt if you wish.
END OF SHIFT:
- If everyone pitches in, cleaning up the site at the end of the shift goes quickly for all. Please help pick up trash and reorganize materials.
- Return all equipment to the tool trailer or secure as directed by the Construction Site Supervisor.
Habitat could not exist without valuable volunteers like you!
For further information, call CD Perez, Construction Director, at (352) 601-6582