Two GREAT locations in Citrus County!
Store Hours: Tue-Sat 9am-5pm
7800 W. Gulf to Lake Hwy.
Crystal River, FL 34429
3703 E. Gulf to Lake Hwy.
Inverness, FL 34453
How to Apply
How Does Habitat Homeownership Work?
Habitat offers homeownership to hardworking families who will be considered if their present home is not adequate such as unsafe, overcrowded, or sub-standard. We also consider the number, the ages and the sex of those who will be living in the home compared to the number of bedrooms in their present home. How much money is spent on housing is considered when determining need. Discussing financial information openly and fully with the Family Services Director will be required. Habitat homeowners purchase their home directly from Habitat through a no-interest, 30-year mortgage.
How Do I Qualify?
You may be eligible for a Habitat House if…
- Your family is in NEED of decent, safe shelter.
- You have a steady income and the ABILITY TO PAY back the no-profit, no-interest mortgage.
- You are WILLING TO PARTNER with Habitat by dedicating 500 sweat equity hours toward the program and your house and by attending Family Partner classes.
- You are able and willing to make the required $2,000 deposit and meet all contractual agreements between yourself and Habitat for Humanity of Citrus County.
- You must have lived in Citrus County for at least ONE YEAR and a legal resident of the USA for at least ONE YEAR.
- Your annual income must fall within the guidelines.
How Do I Start?
Families interested in homeownership should contact the Family Services Departmernt, at 352-563-2744 to set up an up an appointment and receive an application. Once completed, reviewed and accepted to the program, families begin performing their required 500 hours of sweat equity by working along with other volunteers in the ReStores and on Construction Sites.
To download the brochure, “Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About How to Own a Habitat Home,” click here.
Typically, HFHCC partners with the Citrus County Board of County Commissioners for funding by the State of Florida, SHIP or other programs, for all homes built in Citrus County.
How can YOU become a Habitat homeowner?
- You must be a resident of Citrus County for at least one year and be a legal resident of the United States for at least one year.
- Your current housing is not adequate (i.e, unsafe conditions, overcrowded, substandard construction).
- The number of people living in the home compared to the number of available bedrooms.
- Your total yearly income falls within HUD guidelines. Please call for additional information.
- You must have a permanent, sufficient income from a reliable source which enables you the ability to make monthly payments.
- Perfect credit is not necessary, however, an established and consistent record of payments is required.
- Your overall debt will be examined to determine if your new mortgage will keep you from paying other monthly expenses.
- You are able and willing to fulfill a minimum of 350 “partnership or sweat equity” hours by working with other volunteers.
- You must attend Family Partner Classes that will teach you the concept of Habitat housing, budgeting, home maintenance and life skills.
- You are able to make the required $2,000 down payment, in monthly installments if necessary.
- You must be willing to meet all of the contractual agreements made with Habitat for Humanity of Citrus County.
- Maintain SHIP/HUD annual income guidelines through the closing process.
If you are interested in becoming a Partner Family, please contact our Family Services Department at (352) 563-2744 for more details.